June 26, 2011

Die Cutting everywhere

Today I taught my first Cricut Basics class at JoAnns. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but I don't actually have a Cricut. I know it's hard to imagine . . but I instead have a Pazzles Inspiration. That machine is wonderful! But it's not what this is about.

The class today was about the Cricut and I have used it before but I was asked to cover for someone at the last moment and so I needed to brush up on it and do a bit of research for some tips and tricks (something I like to add to all of my classes.).

Things I learned about the Cricut:
The Border Feature is very cool!
When you use it with Animals you get a large one and two smaller ones.
When you use it with other items it gives you about 3-7 of that image, turned in different directions and attached. Great feature!

Revitalize your Mats
Your mat is not beyond repair. The Zig 2 Chisel Tip pen can be used add adhesive back to the page. Just apply the adhesive across the entire mat. Wait about 20 mins. for it to dry and it's good as new.

Turn everything around!
This may seem a little strange but trust me. Take out the book that came with your cartridge. Take the picture of the die cuts on your computers or from where ever else you get them and turn them upside down. Today in my class I opened a book and looked at the image of what was supposed to be three connected coconuts. Upside down - we suddenly have Micky Ears! Try it you might be surprised.

Come by JoAnns next month and learn more about some of the things that will make you a Cricut expert!

For those that use other machines or use the Sure Cuts a Lot or cuts by hand, here are some great links for free die cut shapes!

http://risalenee.blogspot.com/
http://imagesbyheatherm.wordpress.com/


.

No comments:

Post a Comment