November 13, 2011

Rubber Stamping and Tim Holtz


On a last minute decision I went to the Rubber Stamping Convention in Carson, CA. today. http://astampinthehand.com/

Now I may be a scrapbooker - but I'm not much of a rubber stamper. The card making folks really seem to have that niche. Of course the stamps have come a long way and I really love some of the more interesting techniques. But I still think that I'm not a stamper.

I was looking forward to seeing one booth/ person. Tim Holtz was scheduled to be at the Stamper's Anonymous booth. The event was bigger than expected and there were a lot of good things. But finally finding this booth and his demo's made the whole trip.

I've oo'd and ah'd at all of his great things but I mostly didn't know what to do with them. He demo'd some great techniques and hopefully I'll have some time soon to try them all out. I'll post some pictures when I can.

But if you have a chance to go to the event tomorrow (it's from 11-2 on Sunday 11/13/11). I'm not positive he'll be there, but if he is it's really worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment